The PADI Rescue Diver Course with DIVE WIMBLEDON
The PADI Rescue Diver course is one of the most popular and enjoyable courses we offer and the aim of the PADI Rescue Diver course is to make you a better and safer diver and buddy. The emphasis is on avoiding problems but we also practise the correct response to a variety of possible scuba diving emergency Rescue scenarios.
We also offer the PADI Rescue Referral option with overseas completion where you can complete the theory and pool skills here in London and the open water scenarios on your own holiday abroad or on holiday with Dive Wimbledon.
- PADI offers a variety of home-study materials for the PADI Rescue Diver course - Elearning or PADI Rescue Diver Manual. With the Elearning option you will complete more of the home study before the course and will spend less time in the classroom.
- Complete 10 scuba diving PADI rescue exercises in the swimming pool in London
- 2 PADI Rescue Diver scenarios in Open Water near London
- Small classes
- Elearning: Read and complete the home study including knowledge reviews and final exam
- Manual: Read and complete the five knowledge reviews at home and theory modules in the classroom
- Watch the PADI Rescue Diver DVD
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organisation)
- 12 years or older
- Trained in first aid and CPR within the previous two years. If you haven't completed a course ask about our Emergency First Response CPR and first aid courses which can take place over the same weekend as the Rescue Diver course with Dive Wimbledon.
- Complete the PADI Medical Form
- We use several pools in Wandsworth, Kingston and Lambeth in South West London including Tooting Leisure Centre, Putney Leisure Centre, Streatham Leisure Centre, Southfields Community College and Wimbledon Lesiure Centre in London. The open water dives take place at Wraysbury Lake just outside London or on one of our overseas Egyptian holidays.
- Certification as a PADI Rescue Diver
- This certificationis valid for life but regular practise sessions are highly recommended to maintain your skills. You are welcome to join us on future PADI Rescue Diver courses as a way of maintaining your skills at no extra cost
- Remember to complete an EFR course every two years to remain current
Your Next Adventure
After the PADI Rescue Diver course you might like to complete the first professional level of the PADI system of diver education, the PADI Divemaster course.
Alternatively if you would like to go down the recreational dive route we offer a full range of PADI speciality courses through to the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the DIVE WIMBLEDON Team members.
We have courses starting on all the dates below but we are very flexible and it is possible to mix and match dates so please contact us if your course requires more flexibility and we will be happy to help.