The PADI Junior Open Water Diver course with DIVE WIMBLEDON
The PADI Junior Open Water Diver course is the worlds most popular scuba course and has introduced millions of people to the underwater world.
When you enrol your child to learn to scuba dive there are two options available. The first option is to complete the theory and pool sessions for the course here in London and the 4 qualifying dives abroad on your own holiday. If this is the course you are looking for please visit our PADI Junior Open Water Referral page.
The other option is to complete the full PADI Junior Open Water Diver course here in London with Dive Wimbledon.
- PADI offers a variety of home-study materials for the PADI Junior Open Water Diver course - Elearning or PADI Open Water Manual and DVD package. With the Elearning option you will complete more of the home study before your course and will spend less time in the classroom
- 5 pool or shallow water modules
- 4 Open Water qualifying dives
- Small classes
- Elearning: read and complete the home study including knowledge reviews, quizzes and final exam or
- Manual: read and complete the five knowledge reviews at home and theory modules in the classroom
To enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course you must be:
- 10 years or older
- A simple medical form needs to be completed
- 2 weekends in London or
- 2 Wednesday evenings and a Weekend. These sessions are for those short on time and move at a faster pace than at weekends and we always use Elearning
- During the summer holidays the course can also be completed over 2-3 weekdays - Enquire for more information and dates.
- We typically use Putney Leisure Centre as it is the biggest and best dive pool in South West London or Wraysbury Lake. Occasionally we use other London scuba diving pools including Southfields Community College and Tooting Leisure Centre. The open water dives take place at Wraysbury Lake near Windsor or on one of our overseas Egyptian holidays.
- PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification card
- Once qualified 10 -11 year olds are allowed to dive to 12 metres with an instructor, divemaster or certified family member. Once they turn 12 they are allowed to dive to 18m as below.
- Once qualified 12-14 year olds are allowed to dive to 18 metres with an instructor, divemaster or certified family member. Once they turn 15 they are automatically allowed to dive as below.
- 15 year olds are automatically allowed to dive as adults and their certification card can be upgraded to a full PADI Open Water Diver card by ordering a new card from PADI. There are no additional training requirements.
- The certification card is valid for life but frequent pool refreshers and practise pool sessions are highly recommended.
Your next Adventure
Once your child has completed the PADI Junior Open Water Diver course they might like to move on to the PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver course - or any of our Speciality courses for experience including the PADI Drysuit Diver course or PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course. They might also like to consider the free PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course when they complete five speciality courses.
We have courses starting on all the dates below but we are very flexible and it is possible to mix and match dates so please contact us if your course requires more flexibility and we will be happy to help.
No Courses Found